- ThorCon, the Do-able Molten Salt Reactor
- Probably, the most succint description of ThorCon philosophy and design. It can be downloaded as a PDF.
- ThorCon Executive Summary
- The Executive Summary covers the same ground as the web site, but more completely and more formally. It can be downloaded as a PDF.
- Using ThorCon to Downgrade Weapons Grade Plutonium
- A cheap, simple way to turn America’s surplus Pu-239 into 40 GW-years of pollution-free, CO2-free electricity
- A Tale of Two Ships
- This document compares the way the Koreans build ships with the way the U.S.Navy builds ships, reaching some surprising conclusions with respect to quality.
- The Nuclear Waste Problem
- This note argues that the nuclear waste probem has an easy, cheap solution: dry cask storage until the high level waste has cooled to the point where this valuable material can be separated economically.
- A Modest Proposal
- This little note argues for the government providing a prototype test location, but with the tenants paying full cost for their use of the facility. This is consistent with the ThorCon philosophy of rigorous fullscale tests then license.
Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors
An older paper which predates ThorCon but offers valuable background on molten salt. ThorCon does not implement some of the ideas suggested in this paper in the interest of very rapid deployment.