The Do-able Molten Salt Reactor
- Low pressure, low part count, move fuel around with a pump, and no mausoleum.
- On demand, highly reliable power, 24/7.
- Pollution free, carbon free. High temperature (700C) means 40% more efficient than a standard light water reactor.
- Walkaway Safe
- Low pressure, no phase change, underground, 4 barriers, totally passive shutdown and decay heat cooling.
- Rigorous full scale prototype tests including design basis casualties.
- Cheaper than Coal
- Low pressure, liquid fuel, all block construction, shipyard productivity. Power at 3 cents per kilowatt-hour.
- No New Technology
- No R and D allowed. At its core, ThorCon is simply a scale up of the very successful MSRE pilot plant.
- Full scale 250 MWe prototype testing within four years.
- Rapid Deployment
- Rapid ramp up to 100 one GWe power plants per year using shipyard style, assembly line construction starting in year 7.